Welcome to Standloper Hiking Trails!
Each section of the trail…
… has been designed to reveal special aspects of our coastline so that you may capture a complete Strandloper experience.
- Hiking fees are R700 per person for the 3 nights and 4 days.
- Hikers can overnight at the Enviro Centre in Kei Mouth the night before their hike and the night after at R100 per person.
- The weekend special is R300 per person one night at the Enviro centre in Kei Mouth and one night at Double Mouth.
- Groups of minimum 2 people and maximum 12 people can be accommodated at each overnight site.
- A comprehensive trail map is also available, giving details of the route and background on the cultural, geographical and natural history aspects of the trail.
- The trail caters for the young and the old, fauna and flora enthusiasts, fishermen, backpackers, in fact anyone who enjoys the great outdoors.
- Hikers are requested to keep their permits on them at all times.
- No historical or archaeological treasures may be destroyed or removed.
- Hikers must be prepared for river crossings.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Latest News on our Facebook Page!
The trail offers stunning scenery! It follows the coast line leading through various types of habitat.. Beach, forests, hills etc. it is challenging enough but not difficult in hiking terms. It is very well sign posted and managed by Bryan Church from the Eco Centre... Really worthwhile doing!
Dis 'n awesome hike, so mooi en ongerepte kuslyn, nie te moeilik, moet tog bietjie stapfiks wees. Buiten koffie en 2min Oats kan jy min kos vat, eet lunch by die hotelle oppad. Ek beveel regtig hikingbootse ipv tekkies agv al die sagte sand en baie klippe. 'n Stapstok help baie en 'n regte rooi survivor bag vir die rivierkruisings en 'n poncho vir die reen. Kan nie wag vir my volgende Stranloper
Book your Strandloper Trail Today!
All enquiries is welcome...
Bookings & Enquiries
Send us a Web message or use the contact details below or go to the bookings page.
The Reservation Manager
PO Box 86, Kei Mouth, 5260
Tel/Fax: +27 (0)43 841 1046, Cell: +27 (0)83 285 4773
Trail Manager: +2784 034 0247
Strandloper Ecotourism Board
P.O. Box 18321, Quigney, East London, 5211, South Africa